With the advent of high end streaming media technology, the concept of doing live/on-demand webcast has gained popularity like never before. Webcasting an event allows you to extend the reach of your event to all corners of the world, with no limitations of physical or geographical boundaries. At NIC, we ensure that your events get an optimum webcast with flawless production quality. NIC's webcast service offers a turnkey solution for an event, bringing onsite production, hosting, and streaming to millions of online viewers.
* Live Webcast : the transmission of live audio or video to personal computers that are connected to the Internet. A user who clicks a link to a live clip joins the live event in progress. Because the event is happening in real time, fast-forward, rewind, and pause capabilities are not available. Live Webcasts are most suitable for high demand live presentations to large geographically dispersed audiences. Participants can attend these virtual presentations from their desktop by visiting a website. Webcasts simulate the look and feel of a live event and can even be recorded for later viewing for those who missed the original webcast. This method is also less expensive than satellite broadcasting.
* On-Demand Webcast : Pre-recorded clips are delivered, or streamed, to users upon request. A user who clicks a link to an on-demand clip watches the clip from the beginning. The user can fast-forward, rewind, or pause the clip. Therefore on demand streams can be created from archived live events or recorded clips.
- * Encoder : Flash Media Live Encoder (FMLE)
- * Server : NIC Media Streaming Server
- * Player : HLS Player
- * Protocols : HTTP / RTMP
A few highlights of our unmatched webcast service include :
- * Onsite encoding engines that transmit media stream at the desired rate
- * High Speed RF/Leased Line/Satellite connections to the distribution server
- * User access packages - unlimited or blocks
- * Archiving services for various events
- * Aesthetically Designed Web pages announcing the upcoming events and providing links to the webcast